Humint Events Online: Feels Like a New Day

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Feels Like a New Day

This election is/was a huge repudiation for Bush and the GOP, no two ways about it.

It's nothing short of a huge popular groundswell that changed Congress, and it's close to a miracle that the House could change hands given how many "safe seats" there are throughout the country.


A more conspiratorial view is the "powers that be" rigged up a Democratic win in order to placate the people and send a message to Bush to get in line.

Right now, I prefer to think that this election WAS a true popular uprising.

Fours years ago, when I was an extreme Democratic partisan, I would have been ecstatic at this election result.

Now I just feel relieved to have SOME degree of balance in the country-- though I know the Dems will avoid/cover up 9/11 just as much as the Repugs.

Though I do think it is cool to have a female majority leader in congress-- for the first time!



Lastly, electronic voting machines are still very worrisome, and I hope that Democrats will not feel like these devices are completely safe because they managed to win this election.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger