Humint Events Online: ILLUMINATUS!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

ILLUMINATUS!

I've been reading this book by Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson recently. I bought the book YEARS ago but never got around to reading it.


It's actually quite an interesting book-- basically it's a schizophrenic encyclopedia of conspiracy and deep politics. The story is basically silly, but overlaid on it is some really excellent discussion of the illuminati and various deep political conspiracies.

You can read some of the interesting background on the book here.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my favourite RAW book titles is 'Reality Is What You Can Get Away With', very apt for the main focus of this blog. Wilson taught me more about how to think than any other writer I've come across.
RIP BOB.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Total said...

RAW went on to write a sequel trilogy and a prequel trilogy w/o Shea.

I particularly reccommend the prequel trilogy, which is set in the 18th century and features Hagbard Celine's ancestor along with others, including George Washington in a supporting role. It's far more linear than the original trilogy.

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the first two volumes of the Historical Illuminatus books - finding it difficult to track down a copy of 'Nature's God', the third, in the UK.

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1561841641/

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, I was under the impression that it was out of print.

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger