Humint Events Online: "Brighten the Corners"

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

"Brighten the Corners"

I've been listening to a lot of Pavement on my I-pod lately.

While "Slanted and Enchanted" and "Crooked Rain" are true classics and pure genius, their third major album, "Wowee Zowee" is a bit uneven (some great songs, some OK, some lame). In any, case, I had forgotten how good "Brighten the Corners" is. It's a very inspired, very fine album.

Another of my Pavement faves is "Westing (by Sextent and Musket)"-- very rocking but crudely recorded. "Watery, Domestic" is an awesome EP that is required to round out any serious Pavement collection.

Some of my favorite lines from "Transport Is Arranged":
You better find your way out, you better learn how to run
You better walk away, and leave the angles for the shills
(snip)
I swung my fiery sword, I vent my spleen at the lord
He is abstract and bored -- too much milk and honey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger