Humint Events Online: "9/11 Was an Inside Job" Apathy

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"9/11 Was an Inside Job" Apathy

You know, typically when I think about why more people don't want to seek real justice for the 9/11 and bring "perpetraitors" to light, I think that many people just don't want to accept the idea that people in power in the US could have done this. They don't want to "go there". They don't like the idea of "conspiracies" (or evil people doing nasty things behind the scenes).


Something I don't typically think about is people who think "so what?" about 9/11 being an inside job.

Yet this "so what?" attitude is pretty much the sentiment I encountered when I told some college age kids that I was convinced that 9/11 was an inside job. These were kids I know, not just strangers I ran into. It's not like I just said this out of the blue. Yet they were totally blase about the idea. Didn't even ask me any other questions.

But closer to home, my wife is just as apathetic about this. She doesn't seem to have a major problem with 9/11 being an inside job-- she just DOESN'T CARE. She doesn't think it affects her life and doesn't think there is anything she can do about it. And here she lives with me, a guy who was basically obsessed with 9/11 for a few years. But she just has other things that she is concerned about.

Not sure there's much anyone can do about this sort of apathy...

To add-- that anyone who HAS tried to do something about 9/11 now probably has a certain amount of apathy that anything CAN be done. I know I do. It's just one of those things that you feel strongly about but can't DO anything about-- unless maybe you devote your whole life to seeking change-- and of course this is impossible for most people.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last paragraph of your post SPOOKED pretty much EXACTLY sums up my experience with my girlfriend of the last 5+ years.

She's an architect.

She KNOWS 9/11 was an inside job.

She KNOWS steel frame buildings just don't collapse like the Twin Towers did without help.

And she chooses to leave it at that.

Her attitude drove me nuts for a couple of years, until I came to terms with the fact that people are NOT all the same. What she values and holds as a priority will not always mesh with mine. And vice versa.

And I am now OK with that. That's life.

What it now means to me is that the campaign to expose 9/11 rests with those who have the passion & the energy to outwardly proclaim that what happened that day was a HOAX.

I now have no issue with people who are simply content with a quiet personal realization that 9/11 was an inside job, and have no desire to take it further than that.

We all do what we can...

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rather than "conspiracy", say "the people who did that".

The vast majority people are not successful and they are ignorant of history, government, world affairs, politics, and in general "the way things really work".

Likewise, most people reason pretty much the same way your dog does -
by association and how what they hear and see on TV fits in with their prejudices.

You can often get through to the average person by doing their thinking for them. By taking things out one step further and explaining to them what this or that means - as

("when they talk about reforming SSecurity e.g., that usually means that what they want to do is change the way it works so that instead of it being like a pension, you have to invest it thru a stockbroker - and when was the last time you made enough money to live on by investing your hard earned $ with a stockbroker? are you an expert stock investor? me neither.").

In other words, for lots of reasons, the average person simply won't grasp the implications of 9/11 being an inside job - and just as college students can grasp the meaning of being drafted and sent to Iraq & the people who get rich
from wars needed an excuse to start another one and so they cooked up
this 9/11 thing to scare everybody and rally the public behind the idea of getting revenge for "attacking our country" - so can the average person grasp the implications of a 9/11 whenever you
personalize and make the implications and consequences relevant to their life.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger