Humint Events Online: Dying Empire Watch

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Dying Empire Watch

Paul V. Kane, a former international security fellow at the Harvard Kennedy School, and a Marine who served in Iraq, proposes that the US sell out Taiwan to mainland China, in exchange for a nice decrease in US debt.

In the sense of general/superficial appearances, this seems pretty damn sad and venal. On the other hand, if one doesn't think that China is a horrible and brutal country, this could be seen as a move that would decrease tensions and increase peace and really save a lot of money and lives. The main problem is that the Taiwanese don't seem to be too happy about it:

1 Comments:

Anonymous stephanie said...

I'm impressed, I need to say. Really rarely do I encounter a blog that's both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you have got hit the nail on the head. Your thought is excellent; the difficulty is one thing that not enough persons are speaking intelligently about. Im very pleased that I stumbled across this in my seek for something relating to this.

1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger